Initially looking for part-time Hygienist but the position may transition into
• Follows through with oral hygiene procedures in accordance with treatment
prescribed by the attending Dentist.
• Procedures may include:
• Periodontal Scaling and Root Planing
• Placement of Locally Applied Antibiotics
• Application of Fluoride Treatments
• Application of Protective Sealants
• Completion of In-office or Take Home Whitening
• Oral Cancer Screening
• Informs Dentists of possible restorative concerns for further examination.
• Evaluates overall oral health – examines oral cavity for signs of periodontal
disease or possible cancers, including sores, recessed & bleeding gums, and oral
• Maintain neat and orderly workplace, including the facilitation of general
preventative equipment maintenance.
• Adherence to established safety and health protocols, including the completion
of daily, weekly and monthly required housekeeping responsibilities.
• Maximize patient flow in the office by assisting with radiographs,
and patient education.
• Consults with Clinical and Office staff to ensure patient expectation levels
• Maintains internal marketing efforts with patients including discussion of
referrals, testimonials, scheduling family members due in Hygiene and more.
The Hygienist I am looking for has at least 5 yrs experience and is outgoing and
vocal. He or she must be able to create value for the appointment and next
treatment while the patient is in the chair.