We are a general dental practice established in the heart of Falls Church,
looking for a dynamic and talented hygiene professional. Hours are Mondays and
Tuesdays from 7 am - 6 pm for a permanent, part-time position with potential for
additional hours. The right candidate will be self-motivated, knowledgeable, and
dedicated. The hygiene department is a critical component within our prevention
team. Our office allows appropriate appointment lengths based on scheduled
procedures. We are committed to providing comprehensive oral health care to our
patients. The office offers advanced technology and a small, close-knit group of
• Perform thorough scaling and root planning, place Arestin and other
periodontal maintenance procedures.
• Perform preventive care such as prophylaxis, fluoride, and dental sealants;
and diagnostic care including digital intraoral radiography.
• Assess each patient's individual caries risk and deliver individualized
preventive health education and dietary counseling
• Educate patients on dental caries and periodontal disease etiology and risk
factors Accurately document any findings relating to the patient's Intra- and
• Be proactive in encouraging patients to follow through with needed treatment.
• Preferred Local Anesthesia certification
• Computer literate and preferred working knowledge of Dentrix
• Assist with other duties as needed, including sterilization and front desk
Job Type: Part-time