The primary purpose and function of the Clerk, Posting/Balancing is to be
responsible for placing all payments to the correct claim and the correct
account, and responsible for ensuring the balance of assigned offices.
1. Gather and prepare insurance reimbursements for manual or electronic posting
to appropriate office accounts.
2. Reconcile individual payer transmissions or ScanLink deposits in a timely and
3. Work through exception and error reports associated with maintaining and
processing of insurance rejections, offsets/withholdings, misapplied/unapplied
payments and charges, and returned checks as well researching any discrepancies.
4. Manually post electronic payments and adjustments from eligible ERA/EFT
carriers and ScanLink when necessary.
5. Provide auditors, billers, and other claims tracers with assistance in the
follow-up of outstanding claims payments.
6. Works with team to maximize office collections.
7. Balance and transmit payments to the bank.
8. Scans deposit slips and EOB to the individual offices.
9. Performs and maintains posting level per Company guidelines.
10. Communicate issues and suggestions to improve processes.
11. Participate in meetings as required.
12. Maintain an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance
with Company policy.
13. Ensure compliance with Company policies, as well as State, Federal and other
-Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
-1-2 Years of related experience.