Posting Insurance Checks, EFT’s and Virtual Credit Card Payments
• Post payments received from insurance companies and Medicaid to the
office, provider, and account.
• To process contractual adjustments at the time payments are posted.
Adjustments would include but not limited to; frequency, age limitations,
downgrades, or alternative benefits
that are unable to be appealed which are outlined on the insurance verification
• Provide detailed notes on the account of any variance to the claim
payment by the insurance company. This would include denial of insurance
• The payment poster is responsible for filing Medicaid/PPO appeals and
at the time of posting the primary insurance payment.
• Explanation of Benefits are to be scanned daily into the system for
• All payments posted must balance the bank deposit. This must be done
each day before end
of the day. Manager must be made aware if you are unable to balance.
• Run daily deposit cash report and verify with EOB’s and checks to
balance for each office.
• Scan deposit sheet, daily deposit with cash, and all checks and EOB’s
into the system.
• Turn in each day a copy of the bank deposit, daily deposit w/cash report
and all EOB’s and
checks for that day.
• Assist with any other duties assigned by your Manager.