The primary role of the Periodontic Dental Assistant is to support the success
of the clinicians through effective delivery of the Perfect Patient Experience.
Periodontic Dental Assistants perform a variety of patient care, office, and
Periodontic Dental Assistants obtain dental history and/or records from
patients, prepare patients for treatment and assist the Periodontists with their
procedures. Periodontic Dental Assistants must work effectively with co-
workers including General Practice Dental Assistants, patients, and others by
sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner.
• Maintain a clean, sterile and cheerful environment where our patients feel
comfortable; prepare them for treatment and assist your specialist - thereby
enabling them to provide efficient, quality dental treatment.
• Work with the front office and back office teams to ensure the specialist’s
schedule runs smoothly and efficiently.
• Actively participate in the Perfect Patient Experience (PPE) ® by attending to
the patient’s individual concerns within the scope of the Periodontic Assistants
license, and promoting the good qualities of your specialist.
• Must have 1-2 years of Periodontic Dental Assisting Experience in a busy fast
• Must be willing to travel to several of our San Antonio offices.
• Must be willing to work some Saturdays (1-2 per month - not regularly)