Position available for Dental Hygienist at a busy HIV-specialized dental clinic in
North Lake Highlands area of Dallas. The Dental Hygienist performs a wide range of
services and requires a high degree of skill in managing medically compromised
patients. This position will deliver all necessary duties to provide dental
prophylaxis and promote proper oral hygiene including providing patient support and
ensuring appropriate client care while providing dental prophylaxis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform duties in accordance with OSHA safety and protection protocols and HIPAA
- Treat patients in a courteous and respectful manner;
- Seat, monitor and dismiss clients. Schedule next patient visit per care plan;
- Ensure proper post-operative instructions;
- Assist with inventory of medical, office and pharmaceutical supplies and stock
operating rooms and dental supply cabinets;
-Assist with quality management activities;
- Other duties assigned by the Dental Manager and dental office coordinator.
Skills and Abilities:
- Taking digital dental radiographs (x-rays);
- Removing calculus and plaque (hard and soft deposits) from all surfaces of the teeth;
- Applying preventive materials to the teeth (e.g., sealants and fluorides);
- Teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies and products used to
maintain oral health, including brushing, flossing, and natural remedies;
- Counseling patients about good nutrition and its impact on oral health;
- Review charts for current blood work, paperwork, referrals, doctor’s notes, etc.
- Assist with policies and protocols relating to safety and overall operations in
conjunction with office coordinator and Dental Manager;
- Assist with programmatic growth and facilitate ongoing enhancement of services;
- Work collaboratively with area providers to increase services;
- Maintain community relations with area colleges to promote the dental clinic as a
resource for area hygiene programs;
- Assist to establish a warm and friendly atmosphere and maintain a high level of
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse staff and volunteers;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills expected;
- Computer skills as necessary to use Eaglesoft, VixWin, and Microsoft Office software;
- Spanish speaker preferred but not required.
Education and Qualifications:
- Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Dental Hygiene
- Registered Dental Hygienist, State of Texas
- Board Certified in Dental Hygiene
- CPR Certified
- Monday-Friday, 8 a.m-5 p.m.
Full-time, non-exempt position. Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits
package is provided. Must have valid driver’s license and access to reliable
transportation. Successful applicant must pass background check.
Reports to: Dental Manager
Follow instructions on this page to apply for this position. Include resume with
salary requirements when applying.